Do you know that you can manage your 1Lifedirect Pure Life Cover policy on your cellphone using Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) technology? Confused? USSD is what you use to buy airtime, check your airtime balance, and send a Please-Call-Me. It is easy to use, cost effective and works across all makes and models of cellphones. With the recent launch of the 1Lifedirect USSD service, you can now use USSD to view and make changes to your life insurance policy, request a quote and even increase your cover amount.
To access the 1Lifedirect USSD service simply dial *120*101# using your cellphone. To use the service your policy needs to be active and you need to be dialing in from the same cellphone number that you have registered with us. Once you have accessed the service you will be able to:
- View your policy details: your cover amount, beneficiaries, premiums and policy status
- Change policy details: contact details, address and beneficiaries
- Request a quote
- Send a Please Call Me to 1Lifedirect client services
- Refer a friend
- Locate your nearest pharmacy (for those who want to do an HIV test via saliva swab)
- If you have been a policyholder for 3 years, you can also use the service to possibly increase your cover by up to 25% without any medical underwriting
There are more than four times as many households in South Africa with a cellphone than with a computer. The 1Lifedirect USSD service and mobi site, m.1life.co.za, give you the power to source insurance quotes, purchase insurance and manage your policies, all from the palm of your hand.