1Life is committed to respecting and maintaining the privacy and security of its client's personal and confidential information (collectively "Personal Information"/ "Information") submitted to 1Life via the website located at www.1Life.co.za (the "Website"). This privacy and security statement (the "Statement") outlines 1Life's practices and commitment to its clients in this regard. 1Life takes all reasonable steps to ensure that it aligns its business practices with the terms of this statement.
1Life values you as a client. We will therefore treat all your Personal Information as private and confidential and undertake to deal with your Information in a responsible and lawful manner. 1Life will take all reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access to your Personal Information. Please note that 1Life will only request Personal Information required for the purposes of assessing and providing you with an insurance policy. This information is essential to conclude your agreement and a legal requirement. 1Life will only process your Personal Information for purposes consistent with the normal course of our business to uphold our legitimate interests.
1Life is required by law, to process and maintain your Personal Information in accordance with prescribed standards or generally accepted information management practices (including prescribed retention periods) to ensure that your information is complete, accurate, up to date and secure.
1Life will not disclose your Personal Information to any third party except in the normal course of our business or where required by law.
You may request access to records of your Personal Information that we maintain. 1Life will make the Information available to you following receipt of your request. You may notify us in writing of any inaccuracies reflected in the Information that we maintain and verify, so we will correct your Information.
- You will be able to explore the majority of services offered on the Website without our collecting any Personal Information from you. We do however, gather and analyse information on our visitors' routine use of the Website. We use this information to monitor which are the most frequently visited areas of the Website, to assist us to continue developing a value-added service. To facilitate this, the Website servers will collect the IP address of your computer, but not the email address or any other distinguishing information. This information is aggregated (so individual personal information, behaviour or patterns cannot be identified). 1Life assumes no obligation to protect this information, and may copy, distribute or otherwise use such information without limitation.
- For the purpose of business communications, administration and transacting, we may collect and subsequently process certain Personal Information.
This will enable 1Life to:
- Respond to queries or requests submitted by you
- Process orders or applications
- Resolve problems with services previously rendered
- Create products and services that may meet your future requirements
- To compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click-patterns and access to the 1Life Website.
- 1Life may periodically conduct online customer care surveys to facilitate the enhancing of service standards. When it conducts a survey, 1Life will inform the customer how the information gathered will be used, and will provide the customer with the opportunity to opt-out from such surveys.
- 1Life may enter into business arrangements whereby its customer base is one of the more valued assets. In such an event, Personal Information will be one of the transferable assets.
- 1Life will collect, process and maintain disclose or otherwise deal with your Personal Information only with your consent, in respect of marketing services or products, consent to collect or use information shall be express ( e.g. signing an agreement or clicking on the I agree icon).
- 1Life may collect, process, maintain, disclose or otherwise deal with your Personal Information, without your knowledge and consent, in the following circumstances:
- Required by law
- This most often relates to government tax reporting requirements or in terms of a court order or if required in terms of legislation or in accordance with the common law. When 1Life is served with due legal process requiring the delivery of Personal Information, it has the legal duty to abide by that demand, and will do so. 1Life will, however, in all instances required by law, only disclose the Personal Information specifically requested
- Necessary to protect 1Life's interest
- This will not be used as a reason for disclosing Personal Information about a customer or a customer's accounts (including name and address) to anyone else, including other companies within the Telesure Group for marketing purposes. However, basic procedures that protect 1Life's interests sometimes lead to the disclosure of specific customer information. These instances are limited and the disclosure of information, restricted to what is reasonably required in the circumstances
- In the public interest
- 1Life may be required to disclose Personal Information for matters of public interest (e.g. to assist in the prevention of crimes). Before complying with these requests, 1Life will take every precaution to ensure the authorities involved have legitimate grounds to make such a request; and
- For statistical purposes
- 1Life may process and disclose Personal Information, for statistical purposes, that does not relate to you or any person specifically (i.e. de-identified information) as it deems appropriate.
1Life will never sell your email address to third parties for purposes of email spamming. If you have agreed to this, 1Life may use your Personal Information to send you information on new services or products that may be of interest to you and from time to time will mail, email or SMS information to you about us, our products and services, or our partners and their products or services. If you do not wish to continue receiving this information, you may contact us and we will remove you from our mailing list.
1Life offers the User the opportunity to opt-out of receiving marketing or promotional communications from 1Life. This can be done by way of a single click cancellation from all email communications (unsubscribe) facility.
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data integrity and ensure the appropriate use of information, 1Life have established appropriate physical and technological protocols to safeguard the Personal Information you provide to us. 1Life will update and enhance these measures on an ongoing basis, to ensure they remain appropriate and relevant.
1Life has deployed state of the art technology and implemented security measures to protect against the loss, misuse or alterations of the Information under our control, by unauthorised third parties. 1Life is committed to providing secure online services.
As such, all interactions with our transactional site (Online Service(s)) are protected through encryption that complies with international standards. Currently 1Life uses SSL 3.0 (Secure Socket Layer) 128-bit data encryption to protect your data and secure your transactions. SSL encrypts all your Personal Information including banking details, name and addresses as it is transmitted over the Internet. Encryption is used to protect the transmission of your Personal Information when transacting on the Website.
1Life's Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems. Access to information on these servers is restricted to authorised personnel only. The 1Life user database is backed up on a regular basis, and our services do not allow anonymous or otherwise unauthenticated access at any time.
1Life regularly tests the effectiveness of the security of our systems and responds to any threats that may be detected.
Of course, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, and 1Lifedirect does not warrant that your information will be secure.
Your access to the online Service(s) is password protected. You undertake to keep your password secure and warrant that you will not permit any other person, to access the Online Services, utilising your password. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your password and undertake to take all reasonable steps to prevent any unauthorised access to the Online Services, using your password. You irrevocably agree, not to hold 1Life liable for loss or damages of any nature, that you may suffer because of the unauthorised use of your password, to access the Online Service(s).
Cookies are small pieces of data that allow the 1Life web server to recognise you. Cookies are issued by a specific web server, stored in your web browser and can only be read by the issuing server. The type of information gathered is non-personal (such as the IP address of your computer, the date and time of your visit, the pages you browsed etc.).
Should you choose to do so, it is possible (depending on the browser you are using), to be prompted before accepting any cookies, or to prevent your browser from accepting any cookies at all. This may however cause certain features of the Website not to be accessible.
Subject to the provisions of the Regulation of Interception of Communications (RIC) Act 70 of 2002, you hereby agree to 1Life's right to intercept, block, filter, read, delete, disclose and use all communications sent or posted by the User to the Website, its staff and employees. You agree and acknowledge that the consent provided by you, herein, satisfies the "writing" requirement as detailed in the ECT Act and the RIC Act.
1Life reserves the right to amend or modify its Privacy and Security Statement at its sole discretion, at any time, without any prior notice to the User, in response to meeting legislative requirements and dynamic business needs. All amendments to the Statement will be posted on the Website. Unless otherwise stated, the current version shall supersede and replace all previous versions of this Statement.
This Privacy and Security Statement is incorporated into the Website Terms and Conditions. The consumer is afforded the ability to review any electronic transaction to correct mistakes.
About your financial services provider (FSP)
- FSP: 1Life Insurance Limited
- Registration Number: 2005/027193/06
- Physical Address: Auto and General Park, 1 Telesure Lane, Riverglen, Dainfern, 2191
- Postal Address: P.O. Box 11250, Johannesburg, 2000
- Website: www.1life.co.za
- Tel: (011) 428 1405
- The Compliance Officer: P.O. Box 11250, Johannesburg, 2000, Tel: (011) 489-4060, Fax: (011) 489-4046
- The Compliance Department deals with issues relating to 1Life's compliance with the FAIS Act. If you have policy-related issues, please call 1Life on the number that appears on your schedule.
- Should you have a complaint regarding a contravention of, or failure to comply with the FAIS Act, and/ or the wilful or negligent rendering of a financial service that has or may cause prejudice or damage or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, please fax the details of your complaint to the Compliance Officer at the fax number at (g) above.
- 1Life Insurance Limited is an authorised financial services provider, licensed by the FSB (Financial Services Board) to supply long term insurance, category A and B.
- Our consultants who do not meet the minimum experience requirement of one year render services under management supervision.
- 1Life Insurance Ltd has professional indemnity insurance.
1Life is a public company and an authorised financial services provider bearing FSP number 24769.
1Life has and maintains an Anti Money Laundering Policy in accordance with the Financial Intelligence Centre Act, Act 38 of 2001.
The Google Analytics Display Advertising Features have been implemented on the 1Life website.
1Life and third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together.
In order to opt-out of the Google Analytics Display Advertiser Features please click here.