Taking care of your finances and your insurance policies shouldn’t be too time-consuming or stressful. Here are 10 ways 1Life can help you manage your money and insurance simply and effectively in 2021 - including some great services and benefits you might not yet know about.
1Life can help you to:
1. Get your finances on track with a financial needs analysis
If you want to draw up or update your financial plan, a good place to start is with a financial needs analysis, known as an FNA. An FNA analyses your finances and identifies what you need to do to reach your financial goals and make sure you and your family have the insurance and investments you need.
Our FNA can be completed online or through the call centre at 0860 10 53 40. Kickstart a good financial habit in 2021 and complete yours now! You can also ask your financial adviser for assistance.
Learn more about money on Truth About Money
2. Learn more about money and manage your personal finances with Truth About Money
Truth About Money is a 1Life initiative that helps you take control of your finances. If you are a 1Life policyholder, you have free access to debt management and estate planning services. You can also take a money management course.
3. Get more from your insurance with great policy benefits
Did you know that your 1Life policy includes a number of other benefits, in addition to Truth About Money services?
1Life Pure Life Cover, 1Life Pulse and 1Life Pure Life Plus:
- An accelerated Pay now death Benefit that pays out R50 000 within 24 hours of a valid claim to assist with funeral costs
- A R5 000 memorial benefit for a headstone
- A terminal illness benefit that pays your full cover if you are diagnosed with a terminal illness
1Life Funeral Cover and 1Life Pure Life Plus:
- R6 000 grocery benefit if the main member passes
- R5 000 memorial benefit for a headstone
- A repatriation service to transport the deceased from place of death (the territory) to the final funeral home closest to the place of burial (within the borders of South Africa). The "territory" shall mean the Republic of South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Swaziland, Lesotho and Mozambique.
1Life Female Dread Disease:
- 24-hour emergency assistance with Intelligent Panic
- Crime Victim Assist programme that helps you with costs such as alternative accommodation, security and transport costs if you are hijacked or your home is invaded
- Trauma and Assault helpline
- Chauffeur service in main centres to get you safely home from important appointments like hospital visits
- Legal advice from Law for Her
Visit our website to find out more or find the details of your benefits on your policy schedule.
4. Improve your health with Pulse from 1Life
With 1LifePulse you can increase your life cover sum assured by up to R16 230 per month simply by making better lifestyle choices, like increasing your physical activity, eating healthily and getting a good night’s sleep, Your policy includes bonus cover of up to R125 000 when you sign up. Plus choose to get a Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 to track your progress.
5. Find the funeral cover to suit your needs and your budget
When a loved one passes, the family wants to give them a dignified funeral and mourn without worrying about how to pay the funeral costs. 1Life has different funeral plan options including 1LIfe Prepaid Funeral Cover for those who want to “pay as you go” or who don’t have a bank account, and Essential Funeral Plan which allows you to tailor-make your policy to suit your budget.
6. Make your premiums more affordable
When your budget is tight you need to cut costs, but you still want insurance that helps your family if you are no longer around or cannot earn an income. If you are struggling to pay your premiums on time each month, we have a number of ways we can tailor your policy to make it more affordable. And our guaranteed assurability benefit means that when your finances improve you have an option to increase your life cover on a 1Life Life Cover policy without underwriting.
7. Claim quickly and easily
When you have an insurance claim, you don’t want to deal with endless questions and forms or wait too long to be paid. We’ve automated our claims process to make sure we pay claims as quickly as possible. Not all claims will be paid immediately because we need to make sure we pay the right person the correct amount, but most of our claims are paid promptly through our automated claims process. In fact, 75% of 1Life Funeral Cover claims are paid in around three minutes.
8. Avoid unnecessary paperwork
We’ve done everything we can to keep paperwork to a minimum, and to make your dealings with us as quick and easy as possible. You can take out a new policy or make a claim with just one call. No medicals are required for new policies, just an HIV saliva swab at your nearest Dis-Chem pharmacy or we will send a nurse to you.
9. Update your policy online
Our policyholder portal is easy to use, the updates are made in real time and you can make the changes in your own home, at a convenient time. Some of the features include:
- View the details of 1Life policies such as sum assured, premium amount and premium payment
- Update personal details such as address
- Manage beneficiaries on policies including adding new beneficiaries and deleting beneficiaries
- Request a call back from a 1Life client services agent
Life insurance clients also use our USSD service to edit policy beneficiaries, display policy information and request a call from our client services team.
10. Pay a missed premium with alternative payment options
Missed a premium payment and want to make it up? In addition to debit orders, we have a number of payment options you can use such as SnapScan and Zapper, or you can pay at retailers Spar, PEP, Bradlows, Ackermans, Checkers, Shoprite, Pick n Pay, Makro and Builders Warehouse. It’s convenient, quick, and in some cases cheaper than resubmitting a debit order.
Enjoy 2021 and keep your insurance as easy as possible!
In 2021, why not make use of some of 1Life’s services that help you understand and manage your money and take care of your insurance needs simply and effectively? You’ll have less paperwork and more benefits, and more time to spend with those you love and doing what you enjoy.