Help your family deal with the trauma of your death and make sure that they can quickly and easily locate all the in-formation and documentation they need to plan your funeral and wrap up your estate. This collection of information and documents is often referred to as a death plan.
A death plan is an extensive and detailed document and could include information on the following:
- Name and contact details of your banker, accountant, financial planner and the executor of your will
- Details of any investments you might have
- Your bank account details and tax number
- The location of essential documents: will, living will, passport, identity documents and policy documents etc.
- Your medical aid details
- Contact and salary details of any of your employees: domestic worker, gardener etc.
- If you have any pets, the name and contact details of their vet and their vaccination certificates
As your family will need to start planning your funeral almost immediately, details of your 1Lifedirect life insurance policy are especially important and should be at the top of any list.
Please include in your plan detail on how your family can claim your life cover and funeral benefit from 1Lifedirect: They should:
- Contact the claims department on 0860 10 51 96 to speak to a claims consultant
- The claims consultant will supply all the documentation needed to process the claim
- Once completed, forms need to be faxed back to 0860 10 51 97
Your family will be required to submit the following documentation, including
- A completed claim form
- The death certificate (certified copy)
- The deceased's and the beneficiary’s ID books - again certified copies please
- Medical reports
Note that additional documentation may also be required.
Your family also needs to be aware of the following time limits:
- 1Lifedirect must be notified of an event that may result in a claim for death within 10 months
- Similarly, an event that may result in a claim for dread disease or disablement must be reported within 3 months of its occurrence
- Initial claim documentation must be submitted within 3 months of the claim event
- Should any additional documents be required in order to process the claim they must be submitted within three months from date of request
While there is very little you can do to ease the emotional trauma of your death you can protect your family from financial trauma with a life insurance policy from 1Lifedirect.