It is not something anyone likes to think about, but what would you do if you or one of your family members were exposed to the HIV virus as a result of sexual assault? Who would you turn to to get the help you so desperately need? 1Life has the answers.
As a 1Life Dread Disease, Disablement or Pure Life Cover policyholder you and your family have free access to Expo-Sure, a confidential HIV testing and treatment program. With Expo-Sure you will receive professional treatment and advice within the critical 72-hour window period after infection, thereby ensuring that the virus does not enter your bloodstream and greatly reducing your chances of becoming HIV positive.
Expo-Sure offers the following services and treatments:
- HIV/Aids counselling and advice at our care centre
- Two blood tests per consultation in case of potential exposure
- Antiretroviral therapy
- The ‘morning-after’ pill
- Preventative medication for sexually transmitted diseases or STDs
- A R3000 counselling benefit for the victim of a sexual assault and his/her immediate family members
- Life-long telephonic support for the victim of a sexual assault.
Remember the HIV virus is not only transmitted sexually or by breastfeeding. Your family could be exposed to the virus as a result of a blood transfusion, playground accident or sports injuries. With access to Expo-Sure you know that you can get them the professional treatment they need quickly and easily.
To find out more please contact 1Life on or in case of accidental exposure contact the Expo-Sure Care Centre on 0860 10 51 95.