In times of loss, funeral cover provides much-needed financial protection for families. Isn’t it good to know that you can buy funeral cover online from 1Life Insurance in minutes and get great savings too. Let's dive into the step-by-step process of securing your new funeral policy with 1Life Insurance.
Save time and hassle: Buy online funeral cover
With 1Life Insurance, buying funeral cover online offers numerous advantages. Experience the convenience of buying funeral cover anytime and anywhere using 1Life’s user-friendly online buy process, which is accessible 24/7. You can obtain a quote in just 3 minutes, and complete your purchase within 10 minutes. You will also save 40% on your premiums when you buy online from SA’s #1 Direct Life Insurer*.
The cost of funerals
Before you buy your cover you will need some idea of how much funerals cost in South Africa. Chat to a few funeral homes and research costs online to find a cover amount, per family member, that you can afford and that will give them the respectable send off you want for your loved ones.
1Life’s simple online funeral cover application process
Online application for funeral cover couldn’t be easier than with 1Life Insurance. Simply follow these simple steps to get your online funeral cover quote and buy your cover:
Step 1:. Access 1Life’s site from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop .
Step 2: Get your quote. Input details including name, gender, date of birth, phone number, email, gross monthly income, and desired cover amount. Use the slider to change your cover amount to adjust the premium to your needs. Remember that even a small amount of cover will go a long way towards relieving the financial burden of a funeral. You can also increase your cover amounts at any stage.
Step 3: Add family members. You can add up to 16 family members on one funeral policy. You can include spouses, children, parents plus extended family members, ensuring protection for all your loved ones.
Step 4: Once you have added your family members you will get a final quote and can proceed to buy.
Step 5: To complete the buy process you will need your ID number, information on any funeral policies you or any family members cancelled in the last 30 days (optional), your address, beneficiaries and finally payment details.
Step 6: Carefully read the policy summary supplied at the end of the process and double check all the details, including the family members added to the policy. Take note of the deduction date for your first premium.
Top tip: You can manage beneficiaries on your policy including adding new beneficiaries and deleting beneficiaries on the online policyholder portal. Remember to talk to your beneficiary about how you would like to be buried and what type of funeral you would like to have, in line with your policy pay-out.
About 1Life's funeral cover
Securing funeral cover for your family is crucial, as it offers financial protection you can afford to provide for your loved ones' needs. Here are some benefits and features to consider when buying 1Life Funeral Cover:
- Waiting periods: There is no waiting period for accidental death, and cover for you and your family members begins immediately upon taking out the policy. For natural death, a 6-month (6 premiums) waiting period applies.
- Inclusive age limits: Funeral cover can be taken out anytime between the ages of 18 and 64. Children up to the age of 21 (or 25 if full-time students) are covered, along with parents up to the age of 74 and extended family members up to the age of 65.
- No premium increases for the first 12 months
- Qualifying and valid claims settled in 24 hours
- Additional services for policyholders: 1Life Insurance policyholders can access money management services from The Truth About Money, including debt counselling, wills, and financial literacy courses, offering extra support and resources for you and your family.
- The policy also includes additional benefits such as a headstone and grocery benefit for main members as well as a repatriation service, all of which help to relieve financial burdens during a challenging time.
Ready to secure your family's future?
Don't wait any longer to provide financial protection for your loved ones. Take the first step towards covering funeral expenses with 1Life Insurance's online funeral cover. Get started today by completing your online application for funeral cover and experience the ease and convenience of obtaining funeral cover with 1Life Insurance, South Africa's leading direct life insurer.
*Based on Swiss Re reports, 2010-2021
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of 1Life Insurance or its employees.