1Life has a proud history of innovation. We were the first truly direct South African life insurance provider, the first to offer HIV testing via saliva swab and the first to offer South African consumers the convenience of purchasing life insurance on their mobile phone.
Another in our long line of firsts is our USSD service. USSD is what you use to buy airtime, check your airtime balance and send a Please-Call-Me, but did you know that you can use USSD to manage your 1Life Pure Life Cover policy?
To access our USSD service dial *120*101# from your phone and follow the menu prompts. You will be able to:
- View your Pure Life Cover policy details including your benefit amount, your policy beneficiary or beneficiaries as well as your policy status, i.e. is your policy active or has it lapsed
- Request a quote
- Change your policy details including your contact details, address and the policy's beneficiary or beneficiaries
- Send a Please Call Me to our client services team
- Find your nearest Lancet/Pathcare lab to complete your HIV test
- Recommend 1Life to a friend or family member
- Lastly, if you have owned a Pure Life Cover policy for three years or more you will be able to increase your cover by up to 25% without any medical underwriting
Please note that in order to use the USSD service your policy needs to be active and you need to be accessing the service from the same cell phone number that you used when you took out a policy with 1Life. When you change your cell phone number, remember to phone 1Life Client Services to update your contact details, so that you can access the USSD service.
If you have any questions about our USSD service please contact us on 0860 10 53 40 or e-mail [email protected]. Remember we are here to answer any questions you might have.