The Master Policy and full schedule of benefits can be requested from 1Life Insurance Limited Head Office.
This is a Policy that provides funeral and other benefits to the policyholder, spouse, up to 5 children and 10 extended family members including parents and parents-in-law.
- The policyholder may cover him or herself, spouse, dependant children, parents, parents in-law and extended Family members on this policy.
- Additional lives may be added to the policy subject to the maximum number of Assured Lives allowed per category.
- Proof to be supplied to 1Life Insurance Limited at claim stage that a child was a student between 21 - 25 years of age.
- The policyholder’s spouse, own or adopted children under the children’s benefit form part of the immediate family and qualify for their respective benefits.
- The waiting period for natural causes is 6 months (ie after receipt of 7th premium in the 7th month) from the commencement or reinstatement date of the policy for all Lives Assured.
- There is no-waiting period for the accidental death of all Assured’s covered on the policy.
- The above waiting period also applies to Assured’s who have been added onto the policy after the policy has commenced or policy has been reinstated.
- There is a 24 month waiting period for death resulting from suicide.
- The policy will become active from the commencement date as set out in the policy summary.
- The waiting periods however are calculated from the new business commencement date.
- Upon written request for cancellation by the Policyholder.
- The policy will come to an end should premium not be received by 1Life.
- Benefits for any child Life Assured of the Main Policyholder will cease after that Assured’s 21st birthday at the next policy anniversary.
- The child Life Assured whose cover has been terminated having reached the age of 21 (unless a full time student), will have 90 days from the termination date to apply to continue equal or lesser cover. The client would pay the rate for the selected cover applicable at that time without incurring a new waiting period. Should cover be applied for in excess of the previous sum assured, a waiting period of 6 months will be applied to the additional cover only.
- If the continuation option is not excercised.
- Upon the last surviving life assured under the policy being deceased.
- Premiums paid to date will not be refunded.
- Provides transportation of the deceased from place of death to final funeral home closest to the place of burial within the borders of South Africa and adhere to cultural requirements in this respect. One family member may accompany the deceased during transport and accommodation of this member is catered for where relevant. Provides assistance with the legal requirements regarding funeral and claim procedures and advice on obtaining a death certificate and associated documents if necessary.
This benefit also provides referrals for the following services; however the costs associated will need to be covered by the family:
- Referral to reputable funeral parlours for assistance with funeral or cremation arrangements.
- Referral to a pathologist or psychologist if required.
- Referral for special counselling relating to the loss of a child if required.
- Any person listed as a life covered under a valid policy qualifies for this benefit.
- To redeem this beneifit, please contact the following number 011 745 9106
- This policy has no cash or surrender value. You may not loan against this policy or cede this policy as security.
- 1Life Insurance Limited imposes a maximum assured amount limit per individual covered on their policies where the maximum claim amount payable for all policies is R100 000. This limit includes annual benefits and premium escalations.
- The maximum amount of cover you can have on the Essential Plan is R30 000 per Assured Life.
- The maximum of R30 000 also includes the annual cover increase and will therefore be a maximum of R30 000 per Assured Life.
- Your cover will be cancelled if your debit order payment is not received within 30 days of the normal deduction date subject to the Section 52 of the Longterm Insurance Act.
- 1Life Insurance Limited may keep the policy active at its sole discretion.
- 1Life Insurance Limited will endeavour to keep you covered by attempting to collect arrear premium/s through variable deduction date premium recovery process i.e. that we will process your outstanding premium/s following non-payment as soon as you have funds in your account
- Premiums paid to date will not be refunded
- 1Life Insurance Limited reserves the right to reassess the premium with its Statutory Actuary in order to keep the product actuarially sound in terms of the Long Term Insurance Act.
- A policy may be reinstated within 30 days from the lapse date once an application for reinstatement has been received from the policyholder and approved by 1Life Insurance Limited.
- 1Life Insurance Limited at its sole discretion may approve the reinstatement based on the criteria set out by 1Life Insurance Limited which may change from time to time.
All claims are to be completed and submitted to 1Life Insurance Limited for evaluation.
- The claimant must complete all relevant documentation required by 1Life Insurance Limited within 30 days.
- All outstanding premiums on the policy shall be offset against the claim amount.
1Life Insurance Limited will not honour a claim which is directly or indirectly caused by:
- Wilful exposure to danger or participation in a criminal act.
- War, riots, terrorist activities, radioactivity or nuclear activities.
- Other conditions like non payment of premiums, policy lapse, cancellation, waiting periods etc.
- Yes you can and any amendment will be subject to the current applicable premium rates of the policy.
- A successful amendment will be an endorsement to the policy.
- All claims will be paid in the currency of the Republic of South Africa.
- Any questions of law arising from this policy will be in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- 1Life Insurance Limited must be informed if an Assured life leaves South Africa for a period longer than 30 days or becomes a resident or citizen in or of another country.
- At its sole discretion 1Life Insurance Limited will decide whether the respective Assured life will retain the respective cover and under what conditions or premium the Assured life will remain on the policy.
- Only South African citizens may be covered under this policy. Should this policy be cancelled, all benefits will cease and no claim will be payable to the policyholder or any nominated beneficiary. 1Life may at any time change the premium or benefit amount on the policy.
- I agree that should 1Life accept this application, the acceptance will be conditional upon there having been no change to the facts on which the acceptance was based.
- I authorise 1Life to obtain and provide any credit-related information from or to any credit bureau, life insurance or credit provider’s industry association or other association for an industry in which 1Life operates.
- I understand that if the first premium is not paid on or before the first debit order date, no cover will be provided and no claims will be payable under the policy for that period until the first premium is received in full by 1Life.
- I hereby give consent to 1Life to send me any relevant information relating to offerings within its group of companies:
- This application does not create any obligation for 1Life until the application has been accepted in writing by 1Life.
- 1Life will not be liable for any errors and omissions made by the applicant or financial services provider on the signed application form.
- 1Life will not be held liable for any errors or omissions which may have occurred in the production or completion of this application.
Product Supplier: 1Life Insurance Limited
FSP Number: 24769
Registration Number: 2005/027193/06
Physical Address: Auto & General Park, 1 Telesure Lane, Riverglen, Dainfern, 2191
Postal Address: PO Box 11250, Johannesburg, 2000
Telephone: (011) 428 1405
Compliance Officer: PO Box 11250, Johannesburg, 2000
Tel: 0860 99 99 54
Fax: (011) 489 4381
Public Officer: Riaan Pretorius
The product supplier is an authorised financial services provider.
The product supplier has professional indemnity cover in place.
The product supplier offers funeral, pure life, disability and dread disease products. These are risk products only and do not contain surrender
You have 31 (thirty one) days from the date you receive confirmation that your policy has been accepted by 1Life to cancel your policy.
Queries and complaints
The product supplier will try to resolve policyholder queries and complaints in an efficient, speedy, and fair manner. We will make printed recordings of any telephone discussions (where applicable) available to the client on request.
STEP 1 - Contact the client services department
Should you have any complaints regarding the following, you may be requested to submit your complaint in writing together with any supporting documentation:
1. The administration of your policy, for example problems with your debit order, incorrect information on your policy schedule or complaints against the consultant that sold you the policy; or
2. Claims on your policy, for example a claim lodged is taking too long or has been repudiated.
Client services department
PO Box 11250, Johannesburg, 2000
Tel: 0860 10 51 94
Fax: 0860 10 51 97
STEP 2 - Contact the internal dispute resolution department
If the matter is still not resolved to your satisfaction, please contact our internal dispute resolution department, the details are as follows:
Internal dispute resolution department
PO Box 11250, Johannesburg, 2000
Tel: 0860 10 54 31
Fax: 0860 10 51 97
Contact the compliance department
Should you believe that the insurer has contravened any regulatory or statutory requirement, in that, the financial service was not rendered honestly, fairly, with due skill, care and diligence, and in the interests of you the client, please contact the compliance department.
Tel: 0860 99 99 54
Fax: (011) 489 4381
STEP 3 - Contact the Long-term Insurance Ombudsman or the FAIS Ombudsman (where applicable)
Should your complaint not be resolved to your satisfaction or if we failed to timeously respond to your complaint, you may submit your complaint to the FAIS Ombudsman, or the Ombudsman for Long-term Insurance, whichever applicable.
The Ombudsman for Long-term Insurance provides consumers with a free dispute resolution mechanism. It mediates between subscribing
members such as the insurer and policyholders regarding insurance contracts.
Ombudsman for Long-Term Insurance
Private Bag X45, Claremont, Cape Town, 7735
Tel: (021) 657 5000
Fax: (021) 657 0951
The FAIS Ombudsman is an independent and impartial dispute resolution tribunal which investigates, considers and disposes of complaints by consumers against Financial Services Providers. For example, the way a policy was sold or how a service was provided.
PO Box 74571 Lynnwood Ridge, 0040
Tel: (012) 470 9080
Fax: (012) 348 3447
Sharecall: 0860 FAISOM (0860 32 47 66)
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org