At 1Life we believe that insurance should be affordable, convenient and of course hassle-free and that is why we have made it possible for life cover policyholders to make changes to their life policies via USSD. In this blog, we answer all of your questions about this service.
USSD is easy to use, cost effective and works across all makes and models of cellphones, so allowing access for all our policyholders to their life cover policy. You would have come across USSD if you had to buy prepaid airtime, check your airtime balance or send a Please-Call-Me.
Simply dial *120*101# from your phone, press the dial button and then follow the menu prompts. You will need to have your policy number or ID number on hand to login.
Remember that you have 30 seconds to respond to menu prompts before you are logged out of the service. Dial *120*101# to login again.
The session is billed by the networks in 20 second timeslots at standard rates. Please contact your provider to enquire about your rate.
With the 1Life USSD Policy Management Service, you will be able to:
- Display policy information, for example your sum assured, bank details, beneficiary information and premium deduction date.
- Edit your policy beneficiaries, smoker status and contact details (e-mail address, contact number and address)
- Request a call from our client services team
- Request a quote
- Refer a friend to 1Life
- Locate a pharmacy, should you wish to do your HIV test via saliva swab
- If you have been a policyholder for 3 years, you can also use the service to possibly increase your cover by up to 25% without any medical underwriting
And last but not least, remember that if you would prefer to talk to a consultant about changes to your policy you can contact our client services team on 0860 10 51 94.